Friday, July 11, 2008

Paint your glass to match the Sabbat/Season

As I stopped at a garage sale this morning, I found the perfect sealed jar I'd been looking for to hold my incense. It's plain glass, and cost me a mere fifty cents. I also found a small glass goblet and a plain ceramic plate. Total spent: Less than $5. (I won't mention the other finds. They aren't important.)

But the jar, goblet, and plate are only plain for a few more days! I'll use Permenamel Paint on them this weekend to create my very own set of Lammas altar gear.

The link above takes you to the directions, and you must follow them. Remember drying time can take a few days, so don't wait until a day or two before your Sabbat.

Shopping List:
1 bottle PermEnamel Conditioner
1 bottle PermEnamel Thinner
1 bottle PermEnamel paint in my choice of color(s)
1 bottle PermEnamel Gloss Glaze

On hand:
Plate
Goblet
Jar
Q-tips
Paper towels because I'm messy
Paper cup of water
Set of brushes and sponges
Wheat Stencil

What could be easier than this fast, simple project? If you've already followed my instructions for making Sabbat boxes (See March 2008) out of stacking drawers, you're ready to make unique altar sets for each Sabbat as you find cool little ceramic or glass items to paint on garage sale jaunts or rummaging in your own cabinets for neglected pieces.

Have fun!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

LOL! Where the food? (G)
Hugs!
Lisa

Lena Austin said...

There are a few recipes in the June section, but the Lammas recipes start around the 17th. I think.