Thursday, July 17, 2008

Make a Corn Dolly for Lammas




Since this is the grain harvest, unshucked corn is readily available for use making corn shuck dollies as goddess figures or protective decorations for the pagan household.

In any case, I normally make mine between now and Samhain, depending on the harvest. Then I keep it in its basket "bed" under the altar to absorb positive energies and be blessed.

At Imbolg, of course, I burn the old one to disperse the energies and negativity it absorbed throughout the year as a protective decoration. Naturally, of course, the new dolly spends her Imbolg night in her Bride's Bed before going on my wall.

In the meantime, my holiday decorations from Samhain through Yule can take her place on the wall. Keeps things from getting stale.

Does anyone change their dolly's accessories or colors to match the seasons? I'm thinking of doing this, but I'm wondering about the bother.

No comments: