Sunday, July 13, 2008

Need More Storage? Look Up


This is one trick I know and use. When you need more storage space, look up. Use the wasted space above windows and doors for shelves and cabinets.
I've often used the space above my bathroom door to store items in baskets, providing easy access. A basket hides those feminine supplies out of sight, and I didn't risk them getting wet under the sink. Rolled up towels that matched my bathroom decor also were kept handy in a very pretty way.
Now here's an added trick: Go buy those inexpensive stacking cubes or shoe racks like this one:
or this one:
Screw them into the studs or on a ledger board which is screwed into the studs and you have a fast and easy storage system above anywhere. Paint them if you like to match your walls. Instant storage anywhere!

No comments: