Friday, July 11, 2008

Customizing and Organizing Your Kitchen CHEAP




I've always used the inside of my kitchen cabinet doors to keep my measurement conversion charts and most-used recipes handy. However, the sticky residue left by the tape always bugged me. These ideas offer alternatives with even more uses.

First we have the pegboard idea. Love this! If you haven't seen all the toys and storage ideas available for pegboards, pop by your local mega-hardware store and prepare to be amazed. You can even get jars to store your most-used spices this way! Bins for holding small items like those often lost gravy packets, and hooks for your favorite small utensils. No more frantic searches for the pastry brush. Woohoo!

Next is the chalkboard. I've done this before using a pantry door, but the inside of a cabinet door would work just as well. Note the eraser and chalk are stored in a small wire basket as well. (Or, perhaps in the pegboard cabinet door?)

Then there's the cork board door. Now that's a real treasure for pinning up the favorite recipes, coupons, tickets, paint chips, and other items. Handy and out of sight. Love it.

Finally, there's the option for those who can use magnets. While my kids are grown and gone, there are certain things that still end up needing a magnet until my refrigerator is a crowded eyesore.

Time to clean up that mess using wasted space. I'm digging out that chalkboard paint this weekend.

No comments: